Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan, is one of the most exotic places to visit in India and offers a complete package for places of worship, spectacular shopping experiences, remarkable museums, stately palaces, and superb monuments. These include only a few of the best places to visit in Jaipur. That besides, the local cuisine is famous all over India and is simply to die for. The most mouth-watering local delicacies to try out include Pyaaz Kachori, Kathi Rolls, Shrikhand, Kulfi Faluda, Laal Maas, Keema Baati, Dal Baati Churma, Ghewar, Ker Sangri, Gatte ki Sabzi, Mava Kachori, Gajak, Kebabs, Jalebis, Samosas, and Chaats. The best thing is that Rajasthani food is served on thalis or big plates which include all these food items.
Jaipur is a hot tourist destination nowadays and quite literally so. The Pink City in the desert often has people reeling from the heat if they go out carelessly during the day. The grandeur of Jaipur lies in its traditional ways and ancient conventions. There are lots of places to visit in Jaipur in a day. Known as the Pink City for its documented use of pink sandstone to create stunning buildings and opulent palaces. There is no single good time to visit Jaipur- as with most capital cities, the attractions are evergreen. The time from early November to February is generally considered to be the best time to visit Jaipur because the temperature is low even during the day, which makes it ideal for tourism.
Best Places to Visit in Jaipur In One Day
The best places to visit in Jaipur are truly grand and have a touch of India’s past regalia to date. The biggest spots of tourism offer an experience worth having and are not even that expensive. There several superb resorts to stay in as well and enjoying Jaipur in a single day is an exciting prospect. Here are the top places to visit and top things to do in Jaipur:
- There are several exquisite places of worship in Jaipur that command reverence and respect for their architects. Some of the most famous places include Birla Mandir, Govind Devji Temple, Kanak Vrindavan, Garh Ganesh Temple, Moti Dungri Ganesh Temple, Shila Mata Mandir, Khole ki Hanumanji Temple, and Jain Temple.
- Shopping is one thing that cannot be crossed off the list in Jaipur for its unique experience. Some of the most exciting places to shop in Jaipur include Johari Bazaar, Tripolia Bazaar, Chandpole Bazaar, Kishanpole Bazaar, Nehru Bazaar, Sireh Deori Bazaar, Bapu Bazaar, Mirza Ismail Road, Zaveri Bazaar, and Gaurav Tower.
- Connect with Nature and go soul searching in Jaipur famous parks and gardens. For the most memorable of experiences in Jaipur, be sure to try Ram Niwas Garden, Jai Niwas Garden, Man Sagar Lake, Jawahar Circle, Kesar Kyari Garden, Nahargarh Biological Park, Smriti Van, Jaldhara Park, Panna Meena ka Kund, and the Stepwell.
- Jaipur has some of the most dazzling monuments and palaces to its name as well. The most popular tourist spots include Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jaipur City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Mubarak Mahal, Sisodiya Rani Bagh, Gaitor, Statue Circle, Ganesh Pol, Jaleb Chowk, Tripolia Gate, Central Park, and Rambagh Palace.
- The Pink City is no stranger to artwork and handicrafts either. Some of the most famous museums and galleries are Albert Hall Museum, City Palace Museum, Jaipur Wax Museum, Dolls Museum, Sanjay Sharma Museum and Research Institute, Anokhi Museum, B.M. Birla Planetarium, and Alice Garg National Seashell Museum.
Visiting Jaipur for a Day? Plan Your Vacation Accordingly
Jaipur is as exotic as it gets in India and the best of travelers get dazzled by the unique experiences that this city has in store. The backdrop of Jaipur is a remarkable desert setting that is eternally mesmerizing, but the city itself is not right smack in the middle of the desert. The foundations of Jaipur go back to 1772, and the same labyrinthine city is now known as the Old City. So, unsurprisingly, there are lots of places to visit in Jaipur in a day. There are so many unique experiences to be had, that a single day hardly does the city justice.
Most of the resorts in Jaipur are renovated palaces of the Rajput rulers of pre-colonization India. Get a taste of regalia and book your stay at one of these remarkable hotels for the full, unbridled experience of grandeur. The best thing is that these palaces were once the nerve centers of all business and most of the best places to visit in Jaipur are located close by. Take a quick trip to Jaipur and find one of the most interesting experiences in one of the fascinating cities of India. It may be a good idea to buy clothes from local stores while on the trip as they are tailor-made to suit the local climate. Visit Jaipur today for a superb vacation.